These server rules were written for the RedrumRP FiveM roleplay server. To sign up, click here and follow the instructions.
- We are a English speaking server, you must speak English at all times and be able to understand it.
- Players with VAC banned steam accounts are prohibited. We CANNOT make exceptions for this as our system denies all VAC banned Steam accounts automatically.
- You must have a working microphone with no background noise and crystal clear output. Failure to do so will result in you being banned until it is fixed.
- You are required to have an account on the RedrumRP Discord server to get the correct roles and permissions.
- Should disagreements or instances of rule-breaking arise, the first thing you should do is try to roleplay through it, without breaking character. If that doesn't work, open an Abuse Report ticket in our Discord. Out of character (OOC) arguments will not be tolerated.
- The use of glitches, exploits, or hacks will result in an instant ban from the server. If you find a glitch or in-game exploit please notify the team through a bug report on Discord.
- Reporting a player must be done through the #report-abuse channel on Discord.
- Voice changers are acceptable but they must be understandable and not overly loud, too quiet, or extremely high or low pitched. This is up to managements discretion.
- Any form of harassment or disrespect to members or management will result in a permanent ban and deletion of your account data. Management has full discretion over the enforcement of this rule.
- Sending Discord friend invites to other players who have not solicited it will result in a ban. Get to know other players through roleplay and in-character interactions.
- All locations associated with city events (in the #📢events Discord channel) are considered safe zones during the entirety of the event. Violence, kidnappings, and brandishing weapons are prohibited unless otherwise stated in the event.
- Don't try to change how someone RP's a character and don't force roleplay styles on others.
- Show respect to fellow roleplayers and remember we are a community. - Keep the IRL drama out of roleplay.
- Do not attempt to silence someone or talk over them while they are vocalizing their roleplay. RP is a two way street and we are here to RP with each other, not just ourselves.
- Pay attention to how your RP is bouncing off the other person and respectfully reciprocate their roleplay style.
- Being or breeding toxicity can have you removed from the community, if you have an issue address it properly, not in ways that create drama or are negative.
- Association with previously banned players, server clones, copyright violations, software piracy, or piracy forums can result in a permanent ban and deletion of your account data. Management has full discretion over the enforcement of this rule.
- All backer memberships, subscriptions, donations, and purchases are final. Players who receive a ban for any reason at all are also ineligible for a refund. All players agree to the rules listed on this page and management has full discretion over all bans.
- In-game currency and item refunds are not given for bugs. However, bug reporters are sometimes rewarded so please use the ticket system in Discord to report them.
- Discord is considered OOC (Out Of Character). Topics discussed there should never be used in-game.
- Do not use text chat in-game for OOC issues. Use Discord for this.
- Never DM (Direct Message) or tag a Admin.
- Only use the ticket system found in the Discord #questions channel for discussing issues or bans. Failure to follow this rule will earn you a ban.
- If rules are violated, press the Tilde (~) key in-game to determine a players server number. This will help our team determine the identity of the individual.
- Please do not create bug reports pertaining to the game interface if you are not using one of the following supported screen resolutions.
- 1600x1200 (4:3)
- 1720x1440 (6:5)
- 1920x1080 (16:9)
- 1920x1200 (16:10)
- 1920x1440 (4:3)
- 2560x1440 (16:9)
- 3440x1440 (21:9)
Respect Other Players
- Derogatory remarks directed to others regarding race, national origin, gender, religion, disabilities or sexual preference in OOC will not be tolerated. Do not base a character's RP around being heavily discriminatory either. Any form of repeated harassment or disrespect in this manner will result in immediate consequences.
Never Ignore Roleplay
- You are expected to engage in the roleplay that is taking place around you on RedrumRP. This is not to say that upset characters cannot ignore someone, or that angry characters cannot say "No!" to ideas and invitations, however players that simply ignore everything and everyone around them will be seen as engaging in FailRP.
- Be creative and move about the city from time to time as a realistic daily routine would be unless at the character's assigned place of employment. (Occasional RP situations excluded)
- Hostages cannot be friends or associates and they cannot be imaginary or NPCs.
- The only safe zone is the Job Center and Pillbox. Crime or assault of any kind is prohibited at this location.
- RDM (Random Death Match) & VDM (Vehicle Deathmatch) are prohibited against any player if verbal interactions has not occurred. Those who commit random acts of violence like this will be banned.
- Characters must have a logical reason for killing someone. Both parties need to understand why they were killed. Verbal interaction between parties prior to attacking someone is required.
Value of Life
- At all times during roleplay, you must value your life and the lives of others. Your character is mortal and only has one life. They should act according to their personality and mannerisms when faced with a threat to their life. This does not mean that a "brave" character can ignore a gun pointed at them. Failure to abide by this rule may be seen as power gaming and/or FailRP.
- If you are on-duty and at your place of work, you may draw your weapon on anyone who has pulled their weapon on you in an effort to protect your life and the business property. This is the only exception to the FearRP rule and business employers may choose to disallow this at their own discretion. This exception also allows Police to ignore a hostage-takers demands while at MRPD or VPD.
- EMS may not be kidnapped for any reason what so ever.
- Reporters may not be kidnapped, robbed, or assaulted while reporting on the scene of a crime/event. Reporters must have equipment attached to their person and actively surveying the crime/event to be eligible for this exemption.
- Players are human. If you have a gun pointed at you, put your hands up. Pulling a weapon during this situation is considered FailRP and you will be banned for this. Your characters life is important, so act as such.
- Value the life of others. If a criminal has a hostage, players need to value the life of that hostage as much as their own.
- Do not charge into a hostage situation without the release and safety of that hostage.
New Life Rule (NLR)
- You are NOT ALLOWED to talk or use words in a normal voice when downed. You may ONLY moan or express pain from your wounds.
- If you force revive after the death timer, you cannot recall who or what killed you or the events leading up to your characters death.
- You may not return to the place of your death for at least 15 minutes and you may not seek revenge unless it is shared with you who killed the character through RP.
- If your character is downed, an EMT can transport you to the hospital to treat your wounds to avoid the NLR restrictions above.
- NLR only applies if you force-respawn without an EMT transporting you to Pillbox.
- Players must create a realistic human character using the customization system.
- Character names add a level of immersion and must avoid being disruptive. Unacceptable names will lead to a ban. Examples of common unacceptable or disruptive RP names include (but are not limited to):
- Names that reference known people, characters, brands, places, or icons (For example: Jack Black, Britney Spears, Austin Powers, McDonalds, George Washington, New York)
- Names that reference slang terms, offensive language or are just unoriginal. (For example: Deez Nuts, Meth Head, Get Rekt)
- Names that consist of multiple words (For example: Methaddict Joe, Crackhead Johnson)
- RedrumRP reserves the right to assign a random name to any character violating our RP naming policy or issue a ban.
- Admins may request a player to change their character's customization if they deem it unfit for the server environment.
- Characters must dress appropriately for the weather, or at least roleplay the downsides of wearing inappropriate clothes.
- Players must only obstruct their face when they have an in-character reason to do so such as a robbery or when it makes sense to have their face obstructed where they are.
- Do not dress your character to resemble an alien or animal. Failure to abide by this rule is considered FailRP.
- Do not make parts of your body invisible or intentionally glitched
- Do not wear clothing that does not fit with the current weather (i.e. A face mask on the beach during summer, or a winter jacket during the summer)
- EMS are not allowed to participate in criminal activity while on duty.
- Be realistic and role-play your injuries. Use voice and actions (/me or /do) to RP with EMS. Do not force respawn in an active situation.
- If an EMS alert is triggered, it is required to wait until EMS arrives on the scene if EMS have confirmed they are en route. It is okay to use the /twt system to check to see if there are EMS in the city.
No Breaking Character
- Do not break character or use OOC terms while IC, unless you are approached by an admin or require assistance from an admin. Please use Discord or OOC chat to ask for an admin.
- Do not use terms in-game like "going to the government", threatening to get someone "deported", citing rule number violations, or tell someone their RP is "Fail RP". Please use the Discord to report abuse.
- It is considered breaking character if a player continuously attacks NPCs (non-player Character) repeatedly. Occasional or accidental NPC attacks are acceptable, but repeated RDM or VDM against NPCs will not be tolerated.
- Do not use any OOC information originating outside of the game. This includes taking ingame info and passing it to others outside of the game in OOC to gain advantage over a situation. The use of third party communications that players in-game cannot hear is allowed, unless the information shared inhibits RP or is used as an advantage over other players in-game.
- Stream Sniping - Do not watch someone's stream while in-game on the same server that player is streaming. There are NO exceptions for this. We understand that you want to show support for our other members, but you are already showing support by being in the city and interacting with them. Your support is then being given in the form of content for their viewers. This can result in a ban. Please only view streams while you are out of the server at that time. We want all of our members to be able to share their content with the world, but without fear of their content being used by others for any unfair advantages. Following other players around in-game if they do not want the company will result in a ban.
No Power Gaming
- Using mechanics or role-playing mechanics that do not have existing mechanics in-game. Players cannot force someone to permanently kill their character or empty their bank account.
- Crosshairs or third-party programs that give an advantage others do not have are prohibited. You may use first-person view to look down the sights of a weapon.
- Non-LEO may have up to five (5) individuals involved in any scenario. Police may have up to seven (7) involved. Non-LEO may have up to ten (10) individuals within their own territory and all 10 Non-LEO may participate in any scenario that starts in their territory. Territory in this context is considered to be up to two (2) city blocks in size. Police may call in an additional 3 LEO using 10-14 code (up to 10 total) when the first seven (7) are incapacitated. Police and Non-LEO are not allowed to return to the scenario for up to 30 minutes after being incapacitated and revived. When all 5 non-LEO are downed, the scene is Code 4 and the non-LEO should wait for EMS or Police to escort them to Pillbox. No additional non-LEO parties are allowed to enter the situation when 5 are down.
- Police are required to wear proper police uniforms at all times while on duty. Police may not brandish weapons on their back or in-hand while not responding to a bank robbery, hostage situation, or other violent crime.
- Mobile medic stations cannot be used in any active crime scene. Downed players must be transported to a hospital for treatment/revive.
- Do not scam/rob another player/victim for more than $30,000 total in cash. Items and weapons do not count towards the $30K and are open game. This is a per victim rule and therefore if you are in a group, a single victim should only lose $30,000 total in cash. Example: In a 5 versus 1 scenario, the one victim can only lose $30,000 in cash at the most. Therefore, one person in your criminal group should take point on robbing the player and then should split the $30K with the rest of the group. Anybody in this group shall not rob the same player again for at least 30 minutes from the time of incident or their revival/departure of a hospital. As such, you shall not stake out the hospital and rob the player as they exit.
- Players cannot force police or civilians to revive at a doctor.
- Any form of police corruption is a bannable offense. We must maintain a balance in the city. Officers who are found pocketing illegal items, taking bribes, or taking part in criminal activities will be banned indefinitely from the city.
- Trespassing and growing drugs on military property is considered federal crimes and can be punishable with up to 999 months or life in prison. DNA samples will be taken to determine owners of crops discovered on federal property by Police.
- Police may not spike strip within the immediate area of an active robbery. This not only kills roleplay very quickly but also forces people to break character by asking "NO SPIKE STRIPS" as a demand.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for chain robing stores/banks on a motorcycle and/or escaping the scene of a crime off road on a motorcycle and/or refusing to have any interaction with Police. I've spent a good portion of the day today writing a new monitoring tool that our staff will be using to watch players that decide to do this. We will be using it to hand out permanent bans for powergaming. If you think you can use your bikes to make a quick buck and elude the police then you are not here for the right reason.
- Pillbox, Job Center, and server event locations
- No violence or kidnappings.
- No brandishing a weapon.
- Conceal carry and holster carry of a handgun is allowed.
- All locations associated with city events (in #📣events Discord channel) are considered safe zones during the entirety of the event.
- Handguns and shotguns can be stored in a vehicle storage compartment (loaded or unloaded).
- Long guns and rifles can be stored in a vehicle storage compartment ONLY if they are unloaded.
No Ambush Roleplay
- You may not ambush another player without first consulting with them through Discord. Failure to do so is considered ambush roleplay. Ambush roleplay is defined as a surprise attack from a concealed position. The only exception to this is if you are taking the person hostage without the intent to harm.
- This is the act of intentionally drawing attention to yourself from Law Enforcement because, but not only, you're bored and/or feel like having a chase, shootout, or other "dramatic" interaction with Law Enforcement. Do not intentionally bait police into chasing for a high-speed chase, a ambush situation, or any other scenario they have not agreed to OOC.
Non-Player Character Interactions
- The NPCs around the map are to be treated with the same level of respect that you'd give to any Player Character that you encounter. It's common and okay, to refer to them as "locals" but it's not acceptable to treat them as disposable. Without these NPCs the world you roleplay in would feel incredibly small.
- Do not impersonate Law Enforcement Officers or Medical Staff. It is strictly prohibited. Any clothing linked to these roles should not be worn unless approval has been given by our staff team.
- Because we are a streamer friendly server, roleplay and/or behavior that violates the Twitch Terms of Service (ToS), Twitch Community Guidelines, and chat that violates Discord Terms of Service is strictly prohibited.
No Extreme or Sexual Roleplay
- We do not tolerate any form of terror, racism (including racist language), sexism (including sexist language), sexual harassment, or rape roleplay. Likewise, erotic roleplay is strictly prohibited.
- Roleplay through which a character may be killed, significantly altered, disfigured, or which would realistically change the long-term behavior of a person must be agreed to by the parties directly involved.
- Players are not allowed to perform detailed acts of torture, dismemberment, cannibalism, or other extremely graphic activities while any of the parties are streaming or "wearing body cam". These activities should be performed in private.
- Completely nude models are prohibited.
No Combat Logging
- Do not log out to avoid jail or a role-play situation. If it is an emergency or the game crashes, try to log back in as soon as possible and finish the RP scenario.
- Both sirens & flasher lights are required for violent crimes or for clearing an intersection. Flasher lights must remain on when exiting the vehicle unless otherwise requested by nearby players. Some players may request you turn them off for photo-sensitivity reasons. Please abide by these requests.
- EMS and Law Enforcement officers are not allowed to commit crimes while on duty. LEO are now allowed to be corrupt.
Dead on Arrival (DOA)
- If and when a player decides to DOA their character, players are required to DELETE that character on the character select screen.
- Aircraft can be used if found within the city. It is recommended to seek out pilot training before attempting to fly one.
- Only drive monster trucks outside of the city.
No Unrealistic Role-play
- Use of a phone (including twitter) or a weapon while in jail, prison or any form of detainment is considered FailRP.
- Vigilante RP is not allowed. You are not allowed to play as Batman, Spider-Man, John Wick, Jason Bourne, Daredevil, etc.